Friday, March 29, 2013

Voice Thread - Students will be speaking!

The two Voice Threads that I chose to comment on are very different and I believe were created with different objectives in mind.  The first Voice Thread was by Kayla and was regarding hobbies.  I liked this Voice Thread because it was simple and I believe the objective was to review vocabulary as well as  have students use language to express personal information.  I think this was a great way to get students speaking in the target language especially because they were able to express their interests or hobbies.  The second Voice Thread I commented on was by Erin, and was about Mexican Culture.  This was an interesting Voice Thread because it was informational and set up more like a lesson on Mexican Culture rather than a review activity or follow up activity.  This would be a great way to introduce information to students and also get their reactions to culture information taught in the class.  I think both Voice Threads were great ideas but had extremely different objectives.  I can see using both types of Voice Thread in my classes to not only teach the material but also get students speaking in the target language.

No comments:

Post a Comment