Sunday, March 3, 2013

A serious kind of game...

The game I found online is called Farm Tribe which is a game about creating and cultivating a farm.  I wasn't able to actually play the game as I have a Mac and the website told me that there was only a downloadable version for PC (I tried multiple games and this was the case).  The objectives of learning would be related to vocabulary development as well as listening skill development.  The game talks to you and has directions in Spanish - this would help students improve their reading/listening skills.  I would give students a quiz/assessment in which I gave them the same directions used in the game and assessed their action.  I would also compile a list of frequently used vocabulary words from the game and use that as a way of assessing the vocabulary development.

2 comments: